Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 22 #WBT The silence was deafening!

I haven't blogged for over a week!

I went away and was so busy, that I couldn't find the time or energy to post.  But to be honest - I was disappointed.  I thought I had it sussed with the hotel gym equipment but when I got there, half the equipment was broken and between you and me, I really didn't trust the mats or floors without knowledge of a good bleach treatment to kill all those germs.

I guess it didn't help that I read an article on the plane about hotels, and that a particular hotel, when tested, admitted that they hadn't washed the hotel carpet in 10 years!  Ugh.  So with that in mind, I stuck with the machines that were working and did double, sometimes triple the amount.

In the end, I was left feeling disappointed.  I don't think I pushed myself as hard as I could have.  However, I DID make it to the gym every day (except Sunday being a rest day), so at least I was consistent.

I returned last Tuesday night and headed straight to my regular gym.  I realise now that my gym has spoiled me.  I like watching tv while on the bike, or plugging in my iPhone while on the treadmill listening to my playlists. 

When I got back into the routine of things here and caught up on my work, I realised something profound that I didn't think I'd ever say or admit.  I realised that I was starting to get cranky if I didn't get to the gym by about 4pm.

Yes.  Moi.  Really.  Crazy.

I noticed something else about me too.  I'm looking younger.  Before I was looking tired and haggared and more 'my age', which is 53.  But looking at myself in the mirror tonight after my workout and shower, I think I could pass for someone in their 40's!  There was no tiredness in my face - or those grey looking wrinkles around my eyes.

So I guess the silence in my blogs this past week was worth the wait maybe?

And finally - I am FINALLY starting to get my personality back.  Yeah.  Who'd have guessed that!!

Perhaps my blogs will start getting more fun?  I hope so as I was really boring myself!

:))

No comments: