Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 32 #12WBT - Overtraining saps the life out of you!

I did something dumb last week.

I worked 12 hours and didn't feel like doing the gym, so I did two sessions on Friday instead.

OMG I was SO drained.  My body just could not muster up an ounce of energy to attack the Super Saturday session.  I just could not set foot into the gym, so I took 2 days off and started again on Monday.

I tell you one thing, I really had to force myself to go.  And I forced myself back on Tuesday as well.  By today, Wednesday, I went happily and finally felt good about my work out again.

I took some time to read through the forums and some of the 12WBT messages and discovered that I had a few of the symptoms of overtraining.  So now I know not to do that.  Lesson learnt.

The good news is that I thought my two days off would not reflect favourably on the weigh in today.  I was surprised to see I had lost 900g since last week - finally - a bigger shift downwards!

I did stay on the nutrition, but I guess this whole process is a learning curve.

Yesterday, one of the personal trainers at the gym spotted me as I was leaving.  I hadn't seen her since week 1 of the 12WBT when they were showing me how to correctly do the exercises.  She was amazed at how much I've changed and said that I look so much better in the face and overall just look more vibrant.

So I'm going to post some photos of how I looked before and how I looked yesterday just to show the comparison.  I have definately lost my chin.

After Gym Training 11 June 2013
Before

I think I'm looking less...rotund??

Maybe not so 53ish too?





No comments: