Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 9 - #12WBT - Slow and steady wins the race

"Slow and steady wins the race."  That's what my personal trainer told me when I said that I hadn't really lost any weight this week.

We have weigh in tomorrow at Group 2 #12WBT, so I was concerned that I'm not doing 'enough', even though I am doing the program to my fullest ability and have not fallen off it once - except for the odd meal replacements to another menu option.

I guess what I'm psyching myself up for is that if my weigh in tomorrow is not as good as I hoped, that it doesn't mean changes are not happening.

I do feel that changes have occurred.  You can not NOT have changes if you're at the gym for 2 hours a day, 6 times a week.

My personal trainer also said that she could notice a difference in my body shape.

And although doing today's exercises were mostly on the weight machines, I still didn't feel that I had 'done enough' on my training so opted to do an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill.  I pushed myself and the end result was that I beat my previous one kilometre time trial from my initial fitness test by a whopping whole 2 minutes!  Two minutes cut in just 10 days.  Seriously?  That's a pretty neat trick if I do say so myself.

So the big difference this week is that I'm opting to do MORE training.  I'm not saying I'm now a greyhound on the treadmill -or that I'm up to where everyone else is on the weight training.  My legs are still very weak from my injuries two years ago - but I'm really seeing some awesome improvement.

I will hold my breath for tomorrow's weigh in and report back.  I'm still feeling nervous and dubious about the results, but I'm trying to remember that mantra.  Slow and steady wins the race.



No comments: