Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 8 #12WBT - Now that's a surprise I didn't expect

Day 8 - Week 2.

Man, I'm a happy gal.  I made it through the first week.  Not once did I throw up or pass out....although I did have to stop and take some exercises slowly - I did every exercise as 'gym machines' selection.  My gym doesn't have classes and I think as well that I need the one on one tuition until I can build up my stamina.

So what really really surprised me today?

After a whole day of rest yesterday (well - no gym), I was not really feeling it this morning.  I was actually dreading moving my body again.

But after I warmed up I actually noticed that I was chewing through the cardio exercises and I was feeling great!  No - slight exaggeration - it wasn't 'great', but it was 'coping'!!

That surprised me.  And after I finished all the exercises, knocked off an additional 8 minutes on the bike and 14 push ups (as part of the 300 in the weekly challenge we have to do). 

That was interesting.  It was unexpected and I managed to get through the rest of my day focused on work and feeling just a little bit smug about my achievement today.

I hope I have more of those days...but I am still mindful that it really is one step at a time for me.

I haven't stepped on the scales since last Wednesday, so it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, have I lost in actual weight.

I'll report back soon!

No comments: